I’m sure many of you have come across my infamous protein bar recipe. And if you’ve tried making them at home, then you would know that they are highly addictive. Whenever I make my protein bars, they barely last four days in the house, never mind a week! My father loves them, the boys love them and even my three year old niece – we all know that kids never lie!
So to switch things up a bit, I’ve decided to start making protein balls as well. To be quite honest, these require much less effort. Once you have your ingredients, all you need is a spoon, a mixing bowl and your talented little hands to turn them into edible, bite-sized balls!
- 100g quick oats
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground almond
1. Put the oats in a clean bowl and then add in the other ingredients (make sure the coconut oil is melted)
2. Mix it all up until the oats are evenly coated and there are no lumps of PB or honey.
3. Use your hands to roll the mixture into bite-sized balls and place on a plate or tray.
4. Put in fridge for about an hour, remove when firm.
5. Enjoy as an afternoon pick me up or snack throughout the day!