‘Breakfast is the most important meal of the day’ – These are words that have been drilled into us from the very beginning of time. Yet even as adults, we manage to deprive our bodies of the fuel it needs to get us through the day.
If you tend to skip breakfast because you feel you don’t have the time in the mornings, then here are some simple meals you might like to try out:
- Put a layer of plain yogurt in a cup or bowl.
- Add some sliced fruit and then sprinkle with nuts or granola.
- Add another layer of yogurt and then repeat until you have a mountain of deliciousness!
Tip: If you stick to one fruit, it makes your job much easier!
- Chop up two or three fruit and toss them into a blender.
- Pour in some water and blend until you have a smooth texture.
- Add in some oats and blend again.
Tip: Soak your oatmeal in water overnight. This will give you a better blend!
- Cut up your favourite fruit and put it in a bowl.
- Add in some nuts and seeds.
- Dress it up with some honey and orange juice before mixing together.
Tip: If you use a lot of berries, you don’t have to worry about slicing too many things up!
Homemade beet juice
- Throw two beets, 1 celery and 2 glasses of water into a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Filter the contents into a glass using a sieve.
- Put whatever is left in the sieve back into the blender and then add some more water.
- Blend and repeat process until you have yourself a nice glass of beet juice.
- Add a dash of lemon juice and enjoy.
Tip: The good thing about this is you can prepare it the night before!
- Spread peanut butter over two or three oatcakes.
- Slice up a banana and evenly spread the pieces on top of each.
- For some added fibre, sprinkle with chia seeds.
Warning: You will probably want more than two or three of these, they are addictive!
- 10000Carrots are full of vitamins and minerals. They contain vitamins A, C and E, all needed for good eyesight, a better immune system and maintaining healthy cells – but it doesn’t end there. Since they’re also loaded with antioxidants, a regular consumption of carrots (or this energising carrot juice) can help…
- 31When it comes to granola, I’ve always thought that making it at home was far better than consuming the store-bought stuff (like most things, I suppose). Ready-made granola tends to be packed with sugar, unhealthy fats/oils and unnecessary ingredients. Homemade granola allows you to have full control of what you put in…