A few months back I got a food intolerance test done for my skin. I was told I needed to avoid eggs, wheat and yeast to prevent my breakouts. It came as such a shock to me because there was a time in my life where I couldn’t imagine going a day without eating eggs – I absolutely loved them, and I still do. If you cooked up a dippy egg in front of me, a little part of me would probably break. However, I did eliminate eggs from my diet and I noticed a significant change in my skin.
And now,with the realisation that the big 30 is only around the corner, I’ve decided to start taking my diet more seriously. I’m slowly cutting out wheat and yeast from my diet and started taking a plant-based protein supplement also. I chose a pea protein powder because milk products don’t always agree with my body.
All in all, I am more serious about health this year than I ever was. If I didn’t like red meat so much I would likely be vegan, but I’m not sure I am quite ready for such a commitment just yet – baby steps! 🙂
So this recipe is me moving in a slow pace towards a healthier body, mind and soul:
- 300ml warm water
- 2 tbsp milled chia seed
- 250ml almond milk
- 75g honey (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 250g quinoa flour
- 2 scoops protein powder (I use Pulsin Pea Protein)
1. Mix the water and chia seeds in a bowl and set aside until it thickens.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the coconut oil and honey.
3. While waiting for the chia seed mixture to coagulate, measure in the remaining dry ingredients.
4. At this point, the chia seed mixture should be ready. Add it to the bowl of honey and coconut oil and then fold in the dry ingredients. Whisk it up and gradually add in milk until the batter has your preferred thickness.
5. Grease a pan with an oil or butter of your choosing, I like to use this avocado oil spread.
6. Pour ladlespoons of the batter on your pan until you get through it all (makes about large pancakes 7)
7. Stack up and top up using your favourite toppings! Enjoy 🙂
- 53If you follow me on social media, then you would know that I was recently sent some products from Pulsin & Beond, an award-winning health conscious food brand that specialises in guilt-free snacks and protein powders. As someone who’s spent the last couple of months using Pulsin Pea Protein powder,…