I can be a bit funny about chicken – I know, it doesn’t exactly fit the stereotype! But, surprisingly enough, I go through phases where I don’t go near chicken at all. Now part of the reason for that is that I am a big fan of fish and often regard it as my main source of protein.
However, I can’t rely on the likes of tilapia or even turkey as my only source of protein. Especially since chicken breast is the ‘classic’ muscle building food.
I originally saw these goujons made by @edel_wade on Instagram, but like always, I’ve changed a few things to suit my taste buds. So if you’re ever running low on ideas of what to make with your chicken breast, then here’s a simple recipe for you guys!
- 8 tbsp oat bran
- 1 tsp cajun
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 chicken breasts
- coconut oil
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Cut the chicken breast into pieces.
3. Dip each chicken piece in the beaten eggs and then coat in the oat bran mix.Continue to do so until you’ve gone through all the pieces.
4. Heat up coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the chicken pieces in a low heat.
5. Once the chicken is ready, remove from heat and serve with your favourite condiment.I think these would be perfect with some Cajun sweet potato fries! #FoodPorn
To vote for my blog in the Health & Wellbeing category, please choose ‘7 reasons your diet isn’t working’ here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/