If you tried and liked my ginger and carrot juice recipe, then there’s no doubt you’ll like this one too. This anti-inflammatory juice does absolute wonders when it comes to boosting your immune system and supporting your health – lord knows we need it around this time of year!
Each ingredient has its own unique benefit, but since the main one is turmeric, I’ll give you a quick outline of what it’ll do for you (if you do decide to give this recipe a try!).
Turmeric is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatories around. It’s known to have both anti-viral and anti-cancer properties. And while it can do a great job in reducing the inflammation levels in the body, it can also help with inflammation in the skin and chronic problems such as acne.
Ideally, you’d want to use fresh turmeric.But if it’s not available to you, you could always use the powdered form too!
- 1 large piece turmeric (at least 4-5 inches)
- 1 piece ginger (about 2-3 inches)
- 5 carrots, cut in halves
- 2 lemons, squeezed
- 1 orange, squeezed
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper powder
Directions with juicer:
- Put all the fruit and vegetables into a juicer and process until ready.
- At the end, add the cayenne pepper powder.
- If you can hack it, you could always throw in some ice and drink it right away!
Directions without juicer:
- Peel the ginger and the turmeric.
- Put into a blender with the rest of the ingredients and add some water to facilitate the blending.
- Process the mixture until there are no hard pieces from the carrots etc.
- Use a sieve to pour the mixture into a large jar and put whatever is left in the sieve back into the blender.
- Repeat process until you have enough juice.
- Drink immediately or store in the fridge.
- 10000A non-dairy alternative to milk is something that a lot of people look for- let's face it, with obesity at it's high, and many "unfortunate" enough to be lactose intolerant , everyone is on the look out for healthier alternatives when it comes to food. Of course with the New Year only days away, I'm…
- 10000I have recently become obsessed with beetroot. I know, it’s a weird obsession to have, but I suppose it could be a lot worse. Beetroots are well-known for helping the whole detoxification process. They help purify your blood and your liver, so if you're on a juice cleanse or if you need something after a…