The first thing that springs to mind for a Valentine’s Day look is the red lip: a defined and sultry red lip. But what comes after that? Not a lot of people get that far!
When it comes to Valentines Day makeup, your look should be three things: subtle, but not invisible, sexy, but not slutty and effortless, but not lazy. These three things combined will surely give your date something to admire and who knows, they might even get you another date
Tip #1: Subtle, but not invisible
Like any other day, your face should not look like it’s caked with makeup. There’s nothing attractive about having foundation streaks across the face or under your jaw line. Keep your base light and natural and when choosing a blusher, use a colour that is close to your natural skin tone.
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise the face.
- Prep it with primer.
- Apply foundation and then a bit of concealer on the areas that need extra coverage.
- Use a light bronzer to contour cheek bones.
- Add a pop of colour on the cheeks.
Tip #2: Sexy, but not slutty
The iconic 50s look of the winged liner and a red lip always gets a few heads turning. When done correctly, a winged liner just oozes of sexiness. The red lip just tops that off! Be sure to take your time when doing your winged liner, a small mistake can cost you more time. And to make your lipstick last longer, make sure you blot, apply your lippy (using a lip brush) and then blot again. Blotting helps the colour get right in there!
- Prepare eye makeup with a neutral eye shadow.
- With a gel or liquid liner, draw a line from the outer corner of your eye towards the brow.
- Create the winged effect by bringing the line back to the center of your eye lid.
- Slightly thicken the line and then fill in the gaps.
- Set with black eye shadow.
Tip #3: Effortless,but not lazy
I can’t think of a time or place where you can’t rock beach wave curls! They give off that ‘I woke up like this’ look, without making you feel like you actually did just roll out of bed! They’re effortless and sexy at the same time, and the best part is: you don’t even need a curler to pull of this look, straighteners work just fine!
- Starting from the back of your head, grab a small section of your hair.
- Twist the hair around your fingers until you get to the top.
- Put the rolled hair in between your straighteners and hold for a few seconds before releasing.
- Repeat the process all the way through and then spray your hair with holding spray.
- Run your fingers through the curls to break them up
Hope you found these tips useful! If you have any suggestions, feel free to speak up! Also, don’t forget to enter my Valentine’s Day giveaway, as you’ll be in for a very lovely treat if you do win!
- 10000And the winner is...... Orla Murphy! Congrats, please check your FB mail :) With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, myself and Irish beauty brand Green Angel, have decided to join forces for a Val’s Day giveaway. Whether you have plans to exchange pressies with a special someone or not, you could still treat yourself…