There’s nothing worse than setting your eyes on a new lippy, falling in love with it and then realising that it is way over your normal lipstick budget. ‘Steal or splurge?’ is the question I find myself asking when I’m trying to decide how badly I really need –or want – that €35 lipstick.
While some high-end products are well worth the splurge, others shouldn’t even cost half as much as they do. I’ve put together a dupe list for some popular makeup products out there for the days that you don’t think that €35 lippy is worth it!
1. Maybelline Eye Studio Colour Tattoo 24hr Cream Shadow in Creamy Beige & MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Groundwork
I own both of these products, and I can honestly say that if you put each of these on a different lid, nobody would notice! The two colours are very close to the same shade. The one thing about the Maybelline is that it tends to crease, so be sure to use an eye primer.
With Maybelline, you save €13.35
2. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara & Diorshow Mascara
Both L’Oreal Voluminous and Diorshow have a similar brush. The shape helps separate the lashes and add some length to them. But, the award-winning Diorshow has a clumpier formula so it dries out much quicker than Voluminous.
With L’Oreal Voluminous, you save €14.01
3. Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in Kiss Of Life 111 & Mac Ruby Woo
Both lipsticks are super saturated in colour and make you stand out almost immediately. MAC’s idea of matte is very different compared to Rimmel’s. Ruby Woo is extremely dry, while the Rimmel lippy is slightly more moisturisng. Revlon Matte Red Lipstick in Really Red (€10.69) is another dupe for the infamous Ruby Woo.
With Rimmel, you save €12.51
4. Sleek Brow Kit & Benefit Browzing Kit
Benefit Browzing Kit and Sleek brow kit are so identical, it makes me laugh! From the packaging, to the compact mirror and the little tweezers, these two products are pretty much two peas in a pod! However, the Benefit kit comes in three shade, while the Sleek kit comes in four.
With Sleek, you save €24.01
5. Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand & No7 Skin Illuminator
Both of these highlighters have a glimmery brightening effect on the cheek bones. The Smashbox Highlighting Wand is easier to use because of it’s packaging. The No 7 Illuminator has a wider brush, but it leaves that overall radiant look on the face – No wonder So Sue Me always looks so glam!
With No 7, you save €18.75
If you have any more dupes to add, feel free to comment below!
- 10000The festive season is upon us, so in my world – and in many other people’s worlds – the annual pre-Christmas splurge has already begun. It is time to start digging into our savings and start shopping for gifts. Unfortunately, that means we can’t really spend as much on ourselves as we would like to…
- 10000When it comes to achieving a flawless makeup look, the quality of your makeup brushes is just as important as the quality of the products you use. Too often, people underestimate the power of a good makeup brush. They think any old makeup brush could do the trick when in reality, the most expensive makeup…