If you’re big into snacking, then you might like this healthy cracker recipe. The original ingredients for this recipe didn’t quite tickle my fancy, so I thought I might throw in one or two things of my own.
What you’ll need:
- 180g flaxseeds
- 60g sesame seeds
- 40g sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 ml water
Feel free to add dried fruit or some honey if you’d like.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Combine the flax seeds and sunflower seeds with the water in a small bowl and allow to soak for at least 15 minutes. They will naturally begin to stick to one another – almost like jelly!
3. Meanwhile, heat a clean pan on medium heat and then add the sesame seeds, tossing frequently so they don’t burn and then set aside to cool.
4. Add the olive oil and sesame seeds to the flaxseeds and mix well – at this stage you could add some dried fruit if you’re using any.
5. On a baking tray lined with baking paper, spoon the mixture on and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
6. Put in to the oven for about 25 minutes or until nice and crispy. Be sure to check every few minutes towards the end as they burn easily.
7. You will know they are ready when they are nice and crispy, they should snap apart quite easily.
8. Return to the oven if they’re still soft.
9. This makes around 16 crackers depending on what size you break them in to.
10. You can have it on it’s own or with some salmon and tomatoes!
Do let me know if you decide to give this recipe a try 🙂