Today was a very productive day: I made my very own Nutella.That’s right, I made a thick and gooey hazelnut spread with a touch of cocoa that tastes very much like the much-loved ‘breakfast’ spread, Nutella itself.
Now I know it doesn’t look like the most appetising chocolate spread out there and I’m probably losing a lot of points for presentation here, but it just tastes so damn good!
What I used:
1. Arrange the hazelnuts on a lined and rimmed baking tray and then toast for about 20 minutes at 150C. Once the skins begin to crack, remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Remove as much skin from the hazelnuts by rubbing them in a clean kitchen towel – don’t worry if you don’t manage to get it all off!
3. Once you have most of the skins peeled. Put the peeled nuts in a food processor and then process until creamy. You can stop to scrape down the sides if needs be.
5. Keep processing the mixture until it reaches your desired consistency. If it’s too thick, add one tbsp of water at a time. If it isn’t sweet enough (although I think it should be), you can add some honey to it. Store the finished spread in a sealed container in the fridge for no more than a week.
If you decide to try this recipe, let me know how it goes. Remember, it tastes 100 times better than it looks! xx
- 10000Since my homemade Nutella recipe did so well, I decided to share another healthy chocolate treat for you. This flourless chocolate cake is rich, fudgy and free from refined sugars and flour . It only takes 5-ingredients to make and it’s definitely more decent than most cakes out there! So here's what you need... Ingredients: 110g baking…
- 10000This 3-ingredient peanut butter cup recipe is to die for! These chocolatey treats are thick and gooey (in a good way) and just melts in your mouth at every bite. They also taste much better than the store bought versions and as always, they’re much healthier too! Ingredients: 2 tbsp natural peanut butter 2 tbsp 100%…