If you follow my Instagram story, then you would know that I recently got a facial at Therapie Clinic on Molesworth Street in Dublin. Prior to getting my treatment done, I went in for a consultation with Sarah to talk about my skin concerns and problematic areas I was hoping to improve.
She introduced herself to me at the waiting area and kindly asked me to fill in an assessment form where I shared the details of my hormonal acne and hyperpigmentation. Much like anyone with problematic skin, I would normally feel a bit self conscious about going in to these places to have them essentially judge a part of me. But I never felt so reassured after my chat with Sarah.
She put me so much at ease and made me feel that things would get better, even with the type of acne I have. I felt absolutely no judgement from her at all and after having been to Therapie a couple of times, I think it is safe to say that Sarah is probably the warmest person I have met there.
I could go on about how much I felt comforted by Sarah, but unfortunately this blog is not about her. So let’s move on to the treatment that was recommended on the day, shall we? 🙂
Due to my skin concerns – namely hyperpigmentation and hormonal acne, we opted for an ordemic enzyme peel which contains passion fruit enzymes and peptides. This mini-peel isn’t as abrasive as other treatments and that’s why she thought it would be best for my skin.
- To kick things off, she did a salicylic acid cleanse. Salicylic acid is great for helping to clear out the pores as it is one of the few acids that goes deep into the pores to help clean any dead skin and excess oil.
- Next, an Iluma Exfoliating Powder was used to help remove any surface dead skin before putting on the peel.
- After removing this with a damp cotton pad, the ordemic enzyme peel was applied. This passion fruit and peptide solution helps breakdown the upper layer of dead skin to bring loads of new fresh healthy skin to the surface.
- The steamer was turned on ahead of applying any products to my skin which opened my pores throughout the facial and allowed for as much extraction as possible.
- She then applied the Vital C Hydrating Enzyme Mask which helps to exfoliate, moisturise and create a healthy glow.
- To finish off, the Iluma Intense Lightening Serum was applied to help with discolouration of the skin.
The treatment lasted for about an hour overall and is recommended to do one of these facials every four weeks in order to maintain the results of this treatment. However, I did see instant results.
My skin appeared brighter and luminous – a healthy glow as opposed to the greasy look that oily skinned people are prone to! The following day I did see a bit of a break out of white heads, which is common after a peel, if doing extractions. My cystic acne however did flatten out so I was happy to see that.
I cannot thank Sarah enough for how calming she made this experience for me. After her thorough explanation of the treatment and all the advice given to me by the staff at Therapie, I feel I will be more dedicated to getting more facials done.
We believe in absolute commitment to customer service, and offer free consultations for all our treatments. Our friendly, professional staff is happy to help; we regularly run special offers on treatments; courses and products
For more details of this treatment and others, visit Therapie Clinic.
A massive thank you to Yellow Machine for this complimentary treatment, all views remain authentically mine.