My final post for Acne Awareness Month will be about dealing with summer breakouts. As you well know, our bodies produce more oil and perspiration tends to increase during the summer. This can lead to acne breakouts, which is why it is important to take extra care of your skin during hot temperatures.
Here are some top tips for dealing with summer breakouts:
- Avoid using heavy moisturisers as they are better suited during the winter months.
- Look for moisturisers that are non-comedogenic as they are less likely to break you out.
- Cleanse before you go to bed as this will get rid of any oil or dirt your skin accumulated over the course of the day.
- Use an oil-free sunscreen with an SPF of at least 20 before leaving the house. If you can, use a mattifying sunscreen as it will makes your skin look less shiny.
- Tone your face after cleansing. Apple cider vinegar mixed with rose water make for a great natural skin toner.
- Use blotting paper to clean up any excess oils. A lot of them have a mattifying film to prevent more oil from appearing in your face.
- Try to wear cotton clothing, as it allows your skin to breathe, which can reduce body acne.
- Drink plenty of water. If you get bored of drinking regular water, add a few slices of cucumber some and mint leaves to give it some flavour.
- Change your pillow case at least twice a week. Especially if you tend to have a lot of products on your hair while you sleep. These oils can go on your pillow case and transfer to your face.
- 10000My third article for Acne Awareness Month will be about celebrities who suffered from acne. Why? Because when most people think of celebrities, they think of perfect beings with multiple bank accounts, who spend millions on their daily appearance and never have to worry about having a bad day. But in case you haven’t noticed,…
- 54If your beauty regime consists of cleansing, exfoliating, toning, moisturising and the occasional face mask, then you’ve probably already noticed that things can get a bit heavy on your pocket – particularly around this time of year. Fortunately, you don’t have to spend a huge amount of cash to find a toner that you’re happy with.…
- 36Growing up with acne-prone skin has turned me into a bit of a skincare junkie: from beauty tools to beauty products, I pretty much like to get my paws on everything and anything that will give my complexion even the slightest glow! So when I read reviews on how Perfectil has been transforming people's skin,…