I’m no professional when it comes to juicing. However, I do feel that I’ve been juicing for long enough to know that freshly made juice tastes better when consumed within 20 minutes, the juicing strainer can be an absolute pain to clean after using carrots, and some fruit and vegetables are just not that juicable!
So whether you’re new to the wonderful world of juicing or thinking about joining, here are some of my tips for starting off – lord knows I needed these when I first got into it!
- Don’t assume you need to spend an arm and a leg on a juicer. There are plenty of juicers on Amazon that do the same job as big brands for only a fraction of the price. It’s all about knowing where to search!
- Do juice on an empty stomach as the nutrients are absorbed quicker. I tend to juice in the mornings as it give me an energy boost and it also helps me make better food choices throughout the day.
- Don’t overdo it with the fruit as fruit tend to be high in sugar. When I make a glass of juice, I usually use two vegetables and one fruit – sometimes even half a fruit is enough of a sweetener!
- Do mix it up a bit. Rather than making the same juice all the time, do experiment with different ingredients. This morning, I added a red bell pepper to my carrot & ginger juice and was so surprised by how well it turned out!
- Don’t substitute eating your fruit and vegetables with juicing, it’s not the same thing! I usually juice vegetables that I wouldn’t otherwise eat. This gives my diet a wider variety of veg!
- Do keep in mind that juicing alone isn’t going to make you healthier. Regular exercise, drinking water and eating healthily are still as important as they were before the juice craze!
- Don’t assume that all fruit and vegetables can be juiced. Bananas and avocados for instance aren’t juicable because they don’t have enough water content. However, they’re blendable, making them better suited for smoothies!
- Do make your health a priority. Rather than just juicing for the sake of looking healthy (or Instagram), have a goal in mind. Whether you’re looking to clear up your skin or lose weight, use ingredients that will help get you closer to your health or beauty goals.
- Don’t down your juice in one sitting, take your time to let your body digest it properly. I don’t usually have my juice on the go, but when I do, I try not to gulp it down in one go.
- Do bear in mind that moderation is key and that too much of anything isn’t good for you!
Happy juicing all 🙂
- 10000Carrots are full of vitamins and minerals. They contain vitamins A, C and E, all needed for good eyesight, a better immune system and maintaining healthy cells – but it doesn’t end there. Since they’re also loaded with antioxidants, a regular consumption of carrots (or this energising carrot juice) can help…