When I think of makeup for Christmas or New Year’s Eve, the first thought that comes to mind is glitter: lots and lots of glitter. It’s glamorous, it’s feminine, but most of all, it stands out! If you’re along the same line of thought, then you will appreciate these tips.
Here are some makeup tips that will help you look even more glamorous over the party season – before the drinking, that is.
Tip #1: Stand out lips
Nothing catches the eye more than a red lip. A pop of red instantly adds something special to your look without going over the top. To make sure you get longevity from your red lips, apply lip liner beforehand and use a lip brush to apply the lipstick.
- Line your lips with a red liner and then colour them in.
- Use a lip brush to apply the lipstick.
- Blot lips a couple of times and then add more lipstick.
- Use a concealer around the lips to tidy up around the edges.
Tip #2: Highlighted cheeks
When it comes to party makeup, highlighting is definitely the name of the game. But rather than using your regular highlighter, get a fine silver/bronze glitter (depending on your skin tone) and apply it on your cheekbones. This alone, will get you into the festive spirit!
- Wash your hands.
- Dip your finger into the fine glitter and use it on the highest part of your cheekbone.
- Lightly blend it in so it doesn’t look too harsh.
- Go over it with a highlighting brush.
Tip #3: Glittery eyes
Glittery eyes will make you the belle of the ball! Use a vivid loose eye shadow colour on the lids of your eyes to make them stand out. Silver or gold colours absolutely scream party season! When applying your loose shadow, be sure to apply eye primer first!
- Apply eye shadow primer.
- Put some loose powder on a mixing tray/the lid of the container.
- Dip brush into the shadow and tap off any excess product.
- Pat the shadow on the eyelid.
- Build the colour gradually.
Tip #4: Falsies
I’m not a huge fan of false lashes, but I couldn’t think of a more suitable time to wear them than now! If you take only one thing from this article, let it be this: make sure you measure the length of your false lashes before applying them. There’s nothing worse than seeing someone with their eyelashes hanging off them – not classy at all!
- Measure the length of the lashes and cut the ends to fit your eye shape.
- Apply adhesive glue and let it set for 10 seconds.
- Aim to apply the lash to the base of your natural lash line.
- Use a cotton bud to press it down properly.
- Finish up with some mascara.
Tip #5: Stay on spray
When your makeup is all well and done, spritz some setting spray onto your face. This will help your makeup stay put so you dont’ have to spend half your night in the ladies toilet doing top ups!
- Shake the bottle of setting spray and then spray some on a piece of tissue.
- Close your eyes and hold the bottle about 6 inches away from your face.
- Spritz twice and then lightly pat with tissue.
Hope you found these tips useful! If you have any tips for party makeup, feel free to tweet me @FilomenaKaguako 🙂