I don’t think I stand alone when I say that there’s nothing better than a good D.I.Y that takes no longer than a minute to put together! So for this weeks second post, I thought I’d show you all how to make a lip scrub at home!
Why should you use a lip scrub?
A lip scrub is one of the things that you could use to exfoliate your lips! If you’d like, you could simply brush your lips with a tooth brush after brushing your teeth, but if you’d like to make your beauty routine a bit interesting, you could go on ahead and use this recipe to make your own lip scrub at home!
What you need to make a lip scrub:
1. 1 tbs Olive oil
2. 1 tbs Honey
3. 2-3 tbs Sugar
4. A clean bowl and spoon
5. Damp face towel
6. Empty jar (optional)
7. Your beautiful lips!
How to put the lip scrub together:
1. Put the Olive oil, honey and sugar into a bowl.
2. Mix the ingredients until you get a pasty mixture as pictured below
3. Using your index finger rub some of the mixture onto your lips for about 30 seconds.
You should already feel a difference at this stage!
4. Using your towel, wipe your lips and repeat the process this time rubbing it for a lot longer (1 -2 mins)
5. Again, use your towel to remove the lip scrub and voila!
6. If you’re a bit of a hoarder, you could put the rest of the lip scrub into an empty jar but make sure you get the full use of it, if not, it will only get hard and go to waste.
Note: Regularly exfoliating your lips with a lip scrub helps remove old and dead skin cells on your lips so over time your lips will become more moist and naturally plump!
(Vote no to dry and chapped lips!)
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog to be in a chance to take part of my free giveaway! Feel free to leave any comments below