The sun is finally back! This means, we’ll have a few summer-related beauty posts with plenty of tips for keeping shiny skin in check – always a priority in summer weather!
So are some of the first things that spring to mind when you think of summer?
Ice-cream, light clothing, the beach, tanning and so on and so fourth….. I’d be lying if I said that those things don’t automatically come into my mind when I think of summer (well maybe not the tanning part), but what I will say is this: not only do the clothes in your wardrobe change during the summer, but one of the biggest changes you’d have to make is in your beauty routine so that’s why it’s always important to have a special storage place for your summer essentials.
Due to the high temperatures (which we will hopefully be seeing a lot more of), your skin will go through a lot of changes: from darkening to over working sebaceous glands, no matter what it is, you will have to make a few adjustments to your beauty routine in order to suit the changes your skin will undergo during the summer.
Without further ado, here are some summer essentials that will help you get through the summer without looking like a hot mess!
- SPF:sunscreen sunscreen sunscreen!! I just can’t stress it enough! If you use a moisturiser that contains an SPF of some sort then you’re safe. Other than that, you need sun protector. Since summers in Ireland can be a bit unpredictable, an SPF of 50 isn’t necessary. But even 20 SPF should do the trick!
- PRIMER:If you’re going to wear a light layer of foundation, remember to use a face primer! It will help you avoid meltdowns and keep your skin on the matte side of things. As well as that, a good primer helps your foundation stay put throughout the day.
- 3.THERMAL SPRAY is what will save you during a long hot day! After a few spritz of thermal water, you will feel as fresh as a daisy! It truly is a miracle water in the hot weather, not to mention it’s also great for setting your makeup!
- LIP BALM with an SPF of course! Having a burnt back is bad enough, now imagine having burnt lips– yes, this can happen. The skin on your lips is pretty sensitive so it shouldn’t be forgotten about. Keep your lips moisturised with a good lip balm and hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- WATERPROOF everything! It might take slightly longer to remove after a hard day of work, but it’ll be well worth using waterproof eye makeup. Particularly mascara and eyeliner, this way you don’t have to wake up to panda eyes.
- BLOTTING PAPER: Blotting paper is handy for throwing in your bag. They clean up any excess oils that build up throughout the day. Some even have a mattifying film to prevent more oil from appearing on your face – genius!
These 6 products are about all you need to survive the summer without having a meltdown! Here are a few mental notes you might want to make to yourself:
– Stay hydrated (water not beer)
– Avoid spraying perfume directly on your skin and
– Make sure you use a moisturiser with a lighter consistency
Bearing all these summer essentials in mind, you won’t have a single thing to worry about!
Thanks for reading! So long as the weather stays beautiful, enjoy it!
- 10000Before I start, I think it may be a good idea to clear the air about something.....yes I'm know that my post is about sunscreen, yes I'm aware of my skin tone, and no I'm not oblivious of the fact that that I live in Ireland! So why should anyone in Ireland, or black for that matter, even consider…
- 32My final post for Acne Awareness Month will be about dealing with summer breakouts. As you well know, our bodies produce more oil and perspiration tends to increase during the summer. This can lead to acne breakouts, which is why it is important to take extra care of your skin during hot temperatures. Here are…