You may have seen a beautiful piece worn by a Victoria’s Secret model and thought to yourself, “I want that exact one, it look so beautiful on her” – exactly, on her. Not to rain on your parade or anything, but unless you have the same body shape as the person you see something on, then the chances are, that ‘beautiful’ piece of clothing might not look quite the same on you – sorry, pal!
But that’s not to say that you can’t find something else that looks just as good on you! It all comes down to knowing your body shape – even when it comes to finding a swimsuit.
When you’re looking for a swimsuit, you must always think about what you want it to do for you. Whether you want to hide your bust or accentuate your curves, knowing what your goals are – besides looking ridiculously hot – and knowing what your swimsuit needs to have can almost guarantee you’ll find the right one.
Here are 10 tips for choosing the right swimsuit for your body:
1. If you’re a bit busty upstairs, make sure you look for a top with an under wire. Find one that will give you somewhat coverage with a tiny bit of a lift (no saggy nannies please).
2. If you’re not so boobalicious but want appear to be, then make sure you only look for a top that has ruffles on them! Ruffles on top help create an illusion of a bigger bust.
3. If you have a bit of a belly and want to make it less visible, then it can always be camouflaged by wearing a ruched one piece suit. Ruched fabric is key for helping you disguise your stomach by giving it a slimming effect.
4. If you want to downplay your backside, make sure you go for dark-coloured briefs or shorts, they will give you all the coverage you need!
5. Not so much junk in your trunk? Then it’s time to bring out the ruffles again (they’re a saviour!) ruffles on the bottom give you more volume so if you skipped a few hump day’s, this technique will help you.
6. If you have a boyish figure and want to create the illusion of curves using a two piece swimsuit, always go for bold prints and feminine details. A one piece with the sides cut out also create an optical illusion of curves.
7. If you have a curvy figure make sure you go for vertical patterns so that you would create a thinner torso and draw attention downwards, rather than outwards.
8. Plus size physic? Look for a piece with little details such as ruching, they do wonders for hiding places you don’t want to show!
9. Petite figures can elongate their body with high-cut leg or strings at the side! You should also avoid polka dots and girly patterns (you don’t want to look twelve).
10. And last but not least, if you want to avoid the look of love handles remember to go for folded bottoms. Love handles, be gone!
Hope you found these tips useful, happy bikini hunting!