Is it just me or does anyone else think that having a strong red lipstick game is a prerequisite for a successful February? Well if it is just me, then let me try and convert you…..
I honestly think there’s nothing worse than seeing someone desperately fail at trying to pull off Monroe’s infamous red lip. Dried out and cracked up lips don’t look pretty under any lip shade, never mind red – that one colour that is particularly unforgiving to such beauty sins.
Because this is a judgment free zone and a place where we can share all our beauty secrets, here are 10 golden rules that will help you a achieve a perfect pout: read them, recite them, cherish them and then pass them on to your fellow mates so that they can do the same
1. Be sure to exfoliate your lips before applying your lip product. This will help get rid of any dead skin lying on the surface of your lips.
2. Before lipstick comes lip balm. Not only does it make your lipstick apply more smoothly (especially with matte textures) it will also keep your lips soft and moisturised.
3. Remember to line your lips and then fill them in. This will help the colour stay on longer.
4. Lining your lips gives them more definition. Be sure to sharpen your lip pencil to get the most out of this rule.
5. Apply your lippy with a lip brush to let the colour really get into your lips. Again, this is another way to prolong the lip colour.
6. For a non-surgical lip augmentation- because not all of us can have Kylie’s lips – simply apply a bit of highlighter to your cupids bow.
7. To avoid getting lipstick on your teeth, poke a (clean) finger into your mouth. I know, it sounds rather disgusting, but it works all the time.
8. Use a cotton bud to clean up around the edges of your lips and then follow up with some concealer. This will give your overall look a clean finish.
9. Finish up with translucent powder to prevent the lipstick from bleeding and to help the colour stay put.
10. Remember, a strong lip game speaks volumes!